06 of October of 2014 ---- 30 of November of 2014
The Bolivarian Alliance for Our America (In spanish: ALBA), through its Cultural ALBA Grannacional Project, announces the ALBA Prize in Literature and the ALBA Prize in Arts for the work of a lifetime, for 2014.
- The Prizes will go to alive creators who have constantly dedicated their lives and work to enrich the Latin-American and Caribbean cultural heritage through original contributions in any literary genre and art expression, and who have outstandingly contributed to enhance the common and, at the same time, diverse values which conform our peoples’ community, favoring our people’s emancipation and their cultural decolonization.
- The nominations to the Prizes should be submitted by associations of writers and artist, universities and academic institutions, regional cultural entities and others identified with the spirit of these Prizes. In every case, some basic information about the nominating entity should be submitted too.
- The suggestions should be presented in legal form subscribed by the named authority and specifying the Prize she/he is being nominated in (Literature or Arts). It will include a properly substantiated short biography of the nominee, in no more than five (5) sheets.
- The jury, one for both Prizes, will be integrated by outstanding personalities of the Latin-American and Caribbean culture. The jury’s decision will be based on the submitted nominations and its own nominations proposed; the jury is not empowered to not award any of the Prizes.
- The nominations should be emailed to email@example.com and submissions deadline is November 30, 2014. Suggestions not abiding to the above-mentioned stipulations will be disregarded.
- There is no right of appeal against the jury’s verdict, which will be informed at a date that will be announced on time.
- Each Prize (in Literature and in Arts) will be one and indivisible, consisting in a symbolic trophy and cash prize amounting seventy-five thousand American dollars (75,000.00 USD).